Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Banana Bread

This is my FAVORITE banana bread recipe!

2 large old bananas
½ tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
¼ tsp. Salt
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
½ cup egg substitute
½ cup applesauce

Mash bananas in a small bowl and stir in soda. Let sit. Mix all other ingredients in another bowl. Add banana mixture. Spray bottom of bread pan with nonstick spray. Pour mixture in. Bake at 350 degrees for about 70 minutes. Makes 1 loaf.

Variation: (Inspired by my friend Heather G.) Add about 1 cup of chopped strawberries to the batter for a yummy change! Might have to bake a little longer, I think I added 10 minutes to my baking time and it came out perfect. Try it with other fruits, too! :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you!!! I love recipie blogs! I'm not much of a cook...so I am excited to learn some things from you!! Thanks again :)
    *Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach, if you'd like to contribute, send me your e-mail and I'll add you. :)

    ReplyDelete