Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops

We just had this for dinner tonight. It was delicious!


1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple
1 cup honey barbecue sauce (I used a honey garlic BBQ sauce)
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
2 Tbsp chili sauce
4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 oz each)

In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, barbecue sauce, onion and chili sauce. Our half into a greased 3-pt. slow cooker. Top with the pork chops and remaining sauce. Cover and cook on low for 4 ¼ - 5 ¼ hours or until meat is tender.

***I used boneless pork sirloin chops and cooked them for about 4 ¼ hours. The chops were tasty but I think they were a little over-cooked, next time I would cook them for a shorter time.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if this would be good with chicken instead of pork...

    -Ruth

    ReplyDelete