Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Creamy Vegetable Soup

This is a total revamp of my Cheeseburger turned Cheesy Vegetable Soup, now turned Creamy. lol  I'll be honest, the original tastes the best, but this really tasted good, too and with so much less fat and calories.  Try it out!

Pam
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
 cup sliced celery
3/4 cup sliced carrots
1 T. dried parsley flakes
3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
4 cups chopped potato (I used red)
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
1 cup milk (1 %)
1 1/2 cups grated colby jack cheese
1/4 cups greek yogurt, plain (replaces sour cream in original recipe)

Spray Pam in the bottom of a large pot, cook onions, bell pepper, celery, carrots, and parsley.  When vegetables are soft, add broth, potatos, and most of the corn.  When potatoes are done, use an immersion blender to blend most of the soup - to desired consistency.  Add remaining corn (I like having some of the kernels whole, you could just add it all before using the blender.), milk, and cheese.  Season to taste (I used black pepper, garlic salt, and some cayenne pepper.).  Add greek yogurt and stir until blended.  Serve with saltine crackers, if desired.

Makes about 8 cups (about 4 adult servings)

Nutritional info per 1 cup: 165.2 calories, 2.2g total fat, 27.7g carbs, and 9.9g protien.

1 comment:

  1. I was all sorts of confused as to why my name topped the recipe at first! Haha! I love it!

    ReplyDelete