Monday, December 28, 2009

Hearty Six-Hour Stew

I made this yesterday and my family really liked it! It was simple and easy to throw together and it's also an easy recipe to adjust to fit your family's tastes and preferences. I used corn instead of peas this time, and I cooked it all on low in my crockpot for about 8 hours.

1 lb beef stew cubes
4 carrots, sliced
4 medium potatoes, cut in large chunks
1 bay leaf
1 (1-ounce) package dry onion soup mix
2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 (10-ounce) package frozen green peas

Grease Dutch oven or heavy pan. Place beef cubes on the bottom. Layer carrots, then potatoes, placing bay leaf on top. In a separate bowl mix remaining ingredients and pour over beef and vegetables. Cover with a tight fitting lid. Bake @ 250* F for 6 hours (or up to 8 hours). You can also bake this in your slow-cooker on low for up to 12 hours.

Serves 4 to 6

No comments:

Post a Comment