Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ritz Chicken

This is another recipe I got from a friend.


4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 whole chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
40 ritz crackers (1 pkg basically), crushed
1 stick margarine, melted ***I only used 1/2 stick

Boil and debone chicken; tear into small pieces and line bottom of baking dish (or just cook some and rip it up...or buy a precooked rotiserrie chicken and rip that up- or use leftover chicken). Mix together soup and sour cream. Pour over chicken. Put cracker crumbs on top; pour melted margarine over crumbs. Bake 30 minutes at 350 until bubbly. Good reheated in the microwave too.

***I intentionally served it with rice and broccoli so I could try it all together and know if next time I'd like to add the rice and broccoli when baking to make it a casserole. And I do believe I will do that next time! I think this recipe will be an easy one to play with like that. Other variations could be to add frozen hash brown, or change the topping to corn flakes or potato chips, or add a different kind of frozen veggie. The flavor of the sauce will work well with many things and that versatility makes this a great recipe. This would also be a great freezer meal; just defrost and bake as directed. :)

1 comment:

  1. We tried this last night & it was really good!

    -Ruth

    ReplyDelete